- 2018.07.09: The submission deadline has been extended to July 22nd, 2018.
- 2018.06.23: Now Prof. Moncef Gabbouj, Prof. Hamid Krim, Prof. Bhiksha Raj, Prof. Miroslaw Bober, Prof. Vincent Charvillat and Assoc. Prof. Huimin Ma have accepted as the keynote speakers. The details of keynotes are announced here.
- 2018.06.16: The submission deadline has been extended to July 8th, 2018.
The eighth International Conference on Image Processing Theory, Tools and Applications (IPTA 2018) will be held on November 7-10, 2018, in Xi’an, China. As one of the most famous ancient cities in the world, Xi'an is the starting point of the Silk Road and home to the Terracotta Army of Emperor Qin Shi Huang.
The conference is expected to provide researchers around the world the opportunity to interact and present their latest advanced research in the areas of image and video processing, and their applications. The topics of interest for IPTA 2018 include, but are not limited to:
- Image and video processing, coding and compression;
- Machine learning methods for image and video analysis;
- Pattern recognition: detection, clustering, indexing, classification and fusion;
- Computer vision: 2D and 3D perception, segmentation, shape representation, motion and tracking;
- Image formation, scanning, display and printing;
- Applications: action, event and gesture recognition, affective computing, biometrics, document analysis, graphics, medical image analysis, remote sensing, robotic vision, and video surveillance.
Papers describing general surveys, image processing fundamental theory, specific medical imaging applications, advanced prototypes, tools and methodologies are welcomed. Several awards, e.g., best paper awards and best presentation awards, will be rewarded as the conference is held.
A selection of the best papers from the conference will be invited to submit extended versions to a qualified international journal (to be confirmed). All accepted papers will be included in IEEE Xplore and will be indexed by EI.
Authors are invited to submit their papers (6 pages max) through the conference online submission site: https://cmt3.research.microsoft.com/IPTA2018.
- Submission Deadline: July 22nd, 2018 July 8th, 2018 June 16th, 2018
- Notification of Acceptance: August 31st , 2018
- Final Paper Submission: September 15th , 2018
- Early Registration Deadline: September 15th , 2018